HOW TO NAVIGATE THROUGH BE THE CHANGE EARTH ALLIANCE SLS MODULES
1. Top Menu: Choose SLS program and drop down to 'Access the SLS Program'
2. On Left, under SLS Program heading choose 'Distance Program'
(you will eventually go into each module to choose an action pack as you progress through the planning course)
You will see this:
Welcome to SLS
SLS Distance Modules
3. As and example, if you choose Health you will see this at the bottom of the page:
Action Packs & Materials
- Food Additives
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Fresh & Local
- The Story of Meat
- Additional Materials
4. For each of the modules just choose one action pack--as an example for this one if you chose #4 'Fresh and Local' you would see this in the middle of the page:
5. When you click on the 'Action Pack' make sure to download it and save it on your computer FIRST, then when you type into it you can save your work to email to me in an attachment. When you click on 'Library of LInks' (needed to get the information for the Action Pack), you will see something like this:
These links will inform your Research Questions and Critical Thinking Questions.
Q3.1 INT – Why do we import global foods into our country if we can grow the things we eat locally? Link 1 L1
Q3.2 INT – Can we grow our own food even when we live in large cities and don’t have access to a yard? Here is one way to grow food in bottles. Link 2 (7:53) L1
6. Click on the red 'Link 1' etc, to get to the videos and other information.