- Students who set up a regular time to complete their planning meet with the best success.
- It is recommended to try and complete the course in the first semester of school, but you do have both semesters if needed. You MUST have a minimum of 3 assignments out of 12 complete by Jan. 15th to avoid an INCOMPLETE on your January report card however, and a minimum of 7 by April 15th. All twelve must be complete by June 15th.
- Times indicated are suggested "ball park" rough estimates of the time needed to complete but will depend on many factors: ability to focus, number of stop/start times, how well you read instructions for the assignment, how involved you get in the assignment (remember that these are directed at planning and thinking about YOUR future--feel free to spend more time if needed/desired), technical difficulties with computers etc., availability of resources such as family to ask questions of, etc.
1. Grad Program + Living Planet Report (1-2 hours)
2. End in Mind (5-6 hours)
3. SLS D--Connection (5-6 hours)
4. Personality Typing , Resume , Career Options (5-10 hours) *this one can really vary
5. SLS A Health (5-6 hours)
6. Healthy Living Plan (1-2 hours)
7. Budget (2-3 hours)
8. Mortgage (2-3 hours)
9. SLS B Conscious Consumption (5-6 hours)
10. SLS C Conservation (5-6 hours)
11. SLS E Justice (5-6 hours)
12. Transition Plan (1-2 hours)
For 2016-17 School Year
Best case scenario complete course in first semester but minimum requirements to avoid receiving an incomplete on report card:
Oct. 28th.............min. 1 assignment complete
Jan. 27th.............min. 4 assignments complete
Apr. 7th................min. 8 assignments complete
June 9th...............All 12 assignments complete
Everyone starts with 100% in both Planning and Environment & Sustainability. As long as you fully complete everything and respond to feedback given when you submit assignments you will keep this percent. If not, it will go down accordingly. Do your best and focus on quality and you will do great.